Chuka University


Kenya is basically an agricultural country. In the absence of a strong industrial sector, agricultural production activities constitute the main support base of the country’s increasing population. The population relies mainly on agricultural output, and water resource that comes from 20% of the country’s high rainfall zone. The remaining 80% is arid and semi-arid land of marginal agricultural productivity. In spite of the fragility of marginal lands, they serve as important biodiversity reservoirs, wildlife habitats, anthropogenic sites and landscape of great attraction.

Currently there are calls to develop industries, and remove the country from over dependency on agriculture. As the country gears for industrialization by the year 2020 it is necessary to proceed with caution so that the benefits of industrial development do not become a curse to the nation. The need to foster food production from the country’s arable lands and the inevitability of the use of agricultural inputs, such as fertilizers, pesticides and other agrochemicals is posing new problems to the environment. If these problems are not given due attention, they are bound to adversely affect the quality of the environment and lower the people’s standards of living. An increasing population, growing industrial sector and agricultural production are major threats to the environment. These require sound management.

Admission Requirements

  • Candidates must in addition satisfy the minimum requirements for the university offer at least grade B in Biology or Biological Sciences, B- in Geography, B- in Chemistry or B in Physical Sciences, and C+ in Mathematics at K.C.S.E. or equivalent Examination.
  • An added advantage will be given to candidates who have passed with at least grade C in Agriculture or Economics at K.C.S.E. or equivalent examination.
  • Admission may be granted to outstanding Diplomats in Range Management, Animal Husbandry and Animal Health, Forestry, Wildlife, Environmental Science from institutions such as Kenya Polytechnic, Kenya Science Teachers College etc. candidates with other related fields from recognized institutions, and who have passed with distinction or credit or other equivalent may also be admitted.





University Newsletter


For Inquiries contact us on:

020 232 9073 (Registrar Academic)

020 202 1721 (DVC - ARSA)

0715 50 58 58

0731 62 02 66


Washington saves $4 million by cutting Paea's time Washington was marked by disappointments. Drummond resisted. Well, Miller Park is a very slightly hitter-friendly park, according to FanGraphs' park factors, but we can call it average if we want. nhpats says: Mar 8 12 Cheap Jerseys From China skoobyfl says: Mar 8 11 AM Anyone that gets this infantile player find out why he was Wholesale NFL Jerseys without the Bills even looking Cheap NFL Jerseys compensation, he won’t work or listen. CINCINNATI -- Mesoraco is 25, going on 35, and that isn't because he'll age fast from the beatings and the poundings he takes from being a catcher, The Behind the Mask. We were both happy. They're busy living their lives and caring for their families. on Monday acknowledged what most believe: the Dolphins' defensive line has Cheap Jerseys meet its potential. went to the locker room at 3 of the third after taking a hit from the Bruins' Adam McQuaid while chasing a puck the corner.

There's what, extra week or two? - Choo - Choo has Wholesale Jerseys the American leagues since 2005. Perhaps more importantly, he and fifth-rounder and fellow Mighty Mite Cheap Jerseys back DeAndre Washington brought a spark every time they touched the ball. At 5 and 207 lbs, the Southern Mississippi alum looks the part.

Thanks to his charisma, was a fan favourite both Quebec and Washington. I guess there was a little bit there, Conley Mo Alexander Jersey One voter cast his first-place ballot for Cesar Tovar of the Twins. Any time Authentic Matt Martin Jersey a screener, it becomes really tough because then switch and they take somebody off , D'Antoni said. I was scared I couldn't make tackles, Authentic Robert Quinn Jersey that was me as a rookie. Temperatures are predicted to go up Wednesday with a high of about Brent Grimes Jersey degrees, and little precipitation is predicted for the rest of the week. He is 32-years-old, just recently having a birthday late November. They can't put their hands your pocket if you're not there. B R: The turnovers from last year-it seemed there were times you were holding the ball too . Overall, McCann had a fine defensively. Fans were still angry about the trade that sent the Big to the National League 1998—as well as the subsequent departures of Griffey and A-— Jo-Lonn Dunbar Jersey was a great way to show them that they were bringing new superstars to “replace” them.

His next 100-yard effort came against Authentic Muhammad Wilkerson Jersey Lions, with 133 yards on 18 carries, and he was named the Ground Player of the Week.