Prof. Peter Muriung'i
Chuka University is committed to provision of quality education. This is in line with the vision of the University to be a premier University for the provision of quality education training and research for sustainable national and global development. Towards this end, Chuka University established the Directorate of Quality Assurance and Performance Contracting on the 17th of June 2010 to coordinate the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms in the University. The Directorate also oversees the implementation of performance contracting.
To be an advisory centre on matters regarding the quality of academic programmes, products and services in the University and globally.
- To institutionalize quality assurance and performance contracting at Chuka University.
- To sensitize University community on quality assurance and performance contacting.
- To coordinate and ensure that the targets set in the yearly performance contracts between the Government and the University are met.
- To develop monitoring and evaluation systems that will sustain and improve quality of academic programmes, services, products and procedures.
- To monitor the implementation of the strategic plan via yearly performance contracts.
- To monitor the implementation of the Chuka University ISO quality management system (QMS) in collaboration with the Management Representative (MR).
- To evaluate the quality of teaching and provide feedback to management, staff and students.
- To advise academic departments on programmes due for review.
- To liaise with management to conduct tracer studies to determine the quality of Chuka University graduates.
STRATEGIES IN 2013-2015
- Acquire enough staff and equipment.
- Institutionalize quality assurance and performance contracting through development and implementation of a policy.
- Develop a stable monitoring and evaluation system.
- Sensitize University community on quality assurance and performance contracting.